I can get myself in a pickle in an attempt to do too much at one time, especially during the holidays. I forget that I should probably omit some of my normal day to day “to do’s” with the additional list during this time of the year. I want to get it ALL done. One thing I have learned that I need to give up trying to do too much in the evening for dinner and have a simple dinner recipe to avoid additional stress for the next few weeks.
It’s not too early to start putting together an eating plan to avoid stress and the average weight gain of 5-7lbs during the holiday season. Planning to have simple dinner for the next few weeks can help two areas.
- Reduces Stress and Time.
You may like preparing elaborate meals in the evening. However, that time may be needed to get your other jobs done. Don’t try and do it all, eliminate the stress of meal planning and focus on your holiday lists.
- Eliminates the Impulsion for Fast Food
When things get busy and stressful, it can be a trigger to eat whatever is the first thing available. Decide you will prepare a quick healthy meal, nothing fancy, which will help in managing your weight through the season and reduce the stress that can happen with extra weight gain.
Cooking healthy does not have to be elaborate an d there does not have to be a need to grab fast food. Plan to have a simple fruit and vegetable each night to make dinner quick. Learn what you can easily throw in the crock pot in the morning. It’s not too early to get your holiday plan for Simple Dinner to avoid holiday stress. Try this to get you started.
Simple, Saucy Parmesan Chicken
- 4 small boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup Kraft Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
- ¼ cup Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place all ingredients in large sealable freezer-weight plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag several times to evenly coat chicken with remaining ingredients. Lay flat so chicken does not overlap
- Refrigerate chicken 30 minutes to marinate
- Arrange chicken on foil covering baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degree
- Serves 4
- Calories – 182
- Fat – 6gms
- Protein – 27gms
*adapted from Kraft Foods
Prepare chicken right when you get home from grocery store with marinade and freeze in storage bag. This will make it simple to pull out and cook on busy night. Serve with salad and vegetables and cook extra for next day’s lunch.