One of the meal planning strategies I share with my clients that I incorporate into my schedule, depending on our busy week, is to double a meal either on the weekend or beginning of the week. To maintain a healthy diet and save money, eating at home is a must, even during the craziness of Monday-Friday. This healthy and easy King Ranch Chicken can be prepared at the beginning of the week and is great leftovers on a busy night when cooking is not an option.
Two steps I add to make it super easy and healthier:
- I cook my chicken breast on the weekend in my Crockpot to shred, bag and freeze for future meals so that it is ready to go.
- I add a toss salad to fill half of the plate to add color and added nutrients.
With a little bit of planning, you can avoid grabbing fast food or eating out during the week with this delicious healthy and easy King Ranch Chicken.
Ingredients to serve 8:
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cans of Low Fat Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Mix together soups and salsa for sauce. Spray a 9×13 pan for cooking spray and alternate layers of tortillas, chicken, beans, corn, sauce and cheese to make two layers. Cook on 375 until bubbly. (approximately 20-30 minutes)
- Calories: 368
- Protein: 17
- Fiber: 7
- Carbohydrates: 43